Glimcher Tech & Design Hub
The Glimcher Tech & Design Hub, a dynamic facility dedicated to innovation, creativity, technology and design, opened at the Senior School in September 2019. The building's construction was made possible by the fundraising efforts of The Campaign for Shady Side.
- 12,000-square-foot space located on the lower level of Rowe and Memorial Halls
- Fabrication and Robotics Wing houses a fabrication lab, robotics arena, workshop, wet lab, collaboration room called the "think tank" and faculty office.
- The "fab lab" and workshop feature cutting-edge equipment including a Tormach CNC mill, a Forest Scientific CNC router, an Epilog laster cutter, a Roland vinyl cutter, a Roland VersaPrint garment printer, a SawStop table saw and four 3D printers.
- The Computer Science Wing houses two spacious computer classrooms, each of which is equipped with 16 HP Elite One computers and a 72-inch interactive SMART Board; a faculty office; and a computer lounge equipped with five computers and two 48-inch SMART Boards
- The SSA Cafe offers coffee, tea, smoothies and grab-n-go snacks. The large glass windows allow students sitting int he cafe to see what's happening in the robotics arena and fab lab.