Country Day School recently underwent a total technological update with the installment of SMART Boards in several classrooms, a total renovation of the computer lab (now called the Technology Center), new and updated computers in each classroom and updated Internet service throughout the building.
Country Day has integrated technology into the curriculum to enhance learning and prepare students technologically for the changing demands of the world. Teachers use the best tools available to be more productive, communicate effectively and to inspire innovation. Students and teachers use electronic resources to enrich their understanding and knowledge of topics studied in the classroom and encountered in the world.
In the new Technology Center, students have access to modern technology that allows them to research, compile and present their knowledge in many digital formats. All of the students in grades 1-5 have their own Google accounts, which allow them to create and share documents in a cloud-based format. Based on methods learned through current research, students are able to demonstrate their knowledge through green-screen movies, three-dimensional robotic presentations, stop-motion movies and the creation of their own websites.
- Technology Center equipped with iPads, iMacs, MacBook Air laptops, a color printer, a digital projector, floor-to-ceiling magnetic white boards and comfortable cushioned seating.
- 15 MacBook Air laptop computers
- 25 iMac desktop computers
- 17 iPads on a mobile cart that can be utilized by teachers in any grade or subject
- 4 classroom SMART Boards (interactive whiteboards)
- 5 document cameras
- 16 Hummingbird Robotics kits
- An updated wireless network