To support the learning of our students, Country Day is equipped with SMART Boards and document cameras in the first through fifth grade classrooms. The specialist classrooms, pre-kindergarten and kindergarten classrooms are also equipped with overhead projectors and document cameras. The school has a technology center that houses Mac computers, iPads, and Chromebooks.
Country Day has integrated technology into the curriculum to enhance learning and prepare students technologically for the changing demands of the world. Teachers use the best tools available to be more productive, communicate effectively and to inspire innovation. Students and teachers use these electronic resources to enhance their learning experiences and enrich their understanding and knowledge of topics studied in the classroom and encountered in the world. All students in grades 1-5 have their own Google accounts, which allow them to create and share documents in a cloud-based format. Based on methods learned through current research, students are able to demonstrate their knowledge through green-screen movies, three-dimensional robotic presentations, stop-motion movies and the creation of their own websites.
Shady Side Academy is fortunate to have a technology integration specialist on staff who works collaboratively with Country Day's teachers to enhance technology innovation and the education of globally competitive, future-ready learners.
- Technology Center equipped with iPads, iMacs, MacBook Air laptops, a color printer, a digital projector, floor-to-ceiling magnetic white boards and comfortable cushioned seating.
- 15 MacBook Air laptop computers
- 25 iMac desktop computers
- 17 iPads on a mobile cart that can be utilized by teachers in any grade or subject
- 7 classroom SMART Boards (interactive whiteboards)
- Document cameras in each classroom and specialist area
- 16 Hummingbird Robotics kits
- An updated wireless network