Because of our academic licensing agreement with Microsoft, Shady Side Academy is able to provide the full Microsoft Office suite to faculty/staff and students free of charge. (Note: Students in grades PK-4 do not have active SSA email addresses and cannot participate.) Office 365 includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive and more.
This licensing program allows each SSA student and faculty/staff member to:
- Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs, plus five tablets (including iPad!).
- Use Office tools with OneDrive for automatic device syncing.
- Gain valuable skills on the world’s most popular productivity software.
- This FREE Microsoft Office license lasts for as long as your child is a student at SSA!
Follow these simple steps to get Microsoft Office:
Software for PC and Mac
- Uninstall any previous version of Microsoft Office that may be installed on the computer.
- Visit https://portal.microsoftonline.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
- Log in with your SSA email address and password.
- Select your language preference.
- Click INSTALL to download a small installer program.
- Run the small installer program and follow the onscreen instructions.
FAQ about the installation process from Microsoft
Apps for iOS and Android
- Download the Word, Excel or PowerPoint apps from your app store.
- Sign in with your SSA email address and password for full editing capability.