Welcome, SSA Parents!
This section is designed to provide you with a centralized hub for information concerning your child's academic and student life at SSA. In addition to the information available on the public pages of this section, log in to the Veracross Parent Portal to access to the password-protected pages and information in the Parent Portal.
Please note we have launched a new Parent Portal in Veracross for 2020-2021! Parents should have received an email with a link to set up their Veracross Parent Portal account. Once your Veracross account is set up, you can log in to Veracross using the button below.
Much of the school-specific information that was on the old parent portal has been moved to this public page. Please take a moment to explore the tabs below for helpful links, policies, calendars and more. Thank you for your patience this summer as changes to our Parents section are in progress due to the Veracross transition.
Veracross LoginOur Parent Portal has moved to Veracross for 2020-2021! Log in to Veracross to access:
- Textbooks, School District and Languages Form (Due June 30)
- Household Profile Update (Due June 30)
- Directory Preferences (Due June 30)
- Magnus Health Medical & Athletic Forms (Due Aug. 1)
- VC Pay Student Billing Account
- S-Book Directory
- Coming Soon: Canvas teacher pages, student schedules and more!
Trouble logging in or didn't receive a Veracross parent account setup email? Email the HelpDesk.
Our old Parent Portal is no longer available. Log in to Veracross to access the S-Book on your desktop. If you have the Shady Side app, tap Account and update your login to your new Veracross portal credentials to continue accessing the S-Book through the app.
Trouble logging in? Email the HelpDesk.
- Limited contact volunteer (parents helping at events with faculty present)
- Substantial contact volunteer (parents alone with students with NO faculty present)
Please complete the appropriate form prior to volunteering and submit to:
- Country Day School: Brenda Hafner, front desk
- Junior School: Megan Vrcic, front desk
- Middle School: Kristan Fisher, front desk
- Senior School: Donna Ponzi (scan and email forms)
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Blue & Gold Fund!
To order an SSA license plate, complete and mail the Special Organization Plate application with a $50 check payable to SSA to: Shady Side Academy, Attn: Sarah Casey, 423 Fox Chapel Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238.
Jan. 21, 2020: Math In Focus: A Refresher Course by fourth grade teachers Lisa Budd and Marci Anderson.
Watch the video
Dec. 5, 2019: Reading and Writing Workshop by Kindergarten teacher Nick Hammon, fifth grade teacher Katherine "Liz" Hwang and second grade teacher Christina Rowan.
Watch the video
- Athletic Team Schedules
- Athletic & Activities Selection Letter and Online Form
- Athletic & Activity Descriptions 2020-2021
- Athletic Requirement Exemption Form
- Athletic Equipment Checklist
- Bagel Days Sign-up
- Class Supply List
- Extracurricular Opportunities for Students
- Faculty Wednesday/Fridays Info and Sign-up
- General Volunteer Sign-Up
- Glossary of Terms
- Language Selection Letter and Online Form
- Metz Dining Guide
- Metz Breakfast Menu
- Metz Appetizer Menu
- Music Selection Letter and Online Form
- Placement Procedure for Middle School Math
- Website FAQs
March 14, 2018
Looking Ahead to High School & the College Admissions Process
by SS Director of College Counseling Lauren Lieberman
Jan. 18, 2017
Social Media Terms of Service & Monitoring Tools
by MS Computer Teacher Tim McGuigan
- Welcome to SSA: Opening Days Information
- Campus Map
- Athletic Team Schedules
- Senior School Parking Permit
- Senior Off-Campus Agreement
- Outside Guest Permission Form
- Independent Study Program and Proposal Form
- Non-Athletic Exemption Form
- New Club Request Form
- Bake Sale Request Form
- Assembly Time Request Form
- Bagel Days Sign Up Form