Welcome, SSA Parents!
This section is designed to provide a centralized hub for information concerning your child's academic and student life at SSA. Explore the tabs below and the pages in the section menu for helpful links and information for all four SSA campuses.
- Log in to the Veracross Parent Portal below to access password-protected information including the S-Book Directory, student schedules and report cards, VC Pay student billing, Magnus Health medical forms, household and school forms, and more.
- Log in to Canvas below using your Veracross portal credentials to access teacher pages for your child(ren)’s classes.
- Trouble logging in to Veracross or Canvas? Email the HelpDesk.
Log in to Veracross to access the S-Book via your web browser. To access the S-Book through the Shady Side app, tap Account, enter your Veracross credentials and click Remember Me (Note: returning parents must update their app login credentials to their new Veracross credentials.)
Trouble logging in? Email the HelpDesk.
- Limited contact volunteer (parents helping at events with faculty present)
- Substantial contact volunteer (parents alone with students with NO faculty present)
Please complete the appropriate form prior to volunteering and submit to:
Submit your favorite recipe for a commemorative SSA cookbook. Recipes should fall into one of the following categories: Appetizers, Breakfast, Soup/Salads/Sides, Main Entrees, Desserts or Kid-Friendly (e.g. play dough, slime, etc.) Please type and submit your family's favorite recipe via email, and feel free to share a story or anecdote along with it! Email recipes or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, Feb. 1, 2021. Download the flyer.
Visit the SSA Parent Instructional Technology Guides website for helpful information, resources and video tutorials on the following:
- Canvas LMS
- Zoom & Meeting Owl Pro
- SSA’s 1:1 iPad program for K-5
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the Blue & Gold Fund!
To order an SSA license plate, complete and mail the Special Organization Plate application with a $50 check payable to SSA to: Shady Side Academy, Attn: Annamarie Turner, 423 Fox Chapel Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238.
- Country Day School PDF Calendar - Coming Soon
- Country Day School Daily Dress Code
- Country Day School Formal Dress Code (For Students in Grades 1-5 Only)
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy - Student Edition
- Learning Support at SSA
2019-2020 Academic Year
Jan. 21, 2020: Math In Focus: A Refresher Course by fourth grade teachers Lisa Budd and Marci Anderson.
Watch the video
Dec. 5, 2019: Reading and Writing Workshop by Kindergarten teacher Nick Hammon, fifth grade teacher Katherine "Liz" Hwang and second grade teacher Christina Rowan.
Watch the video
2018-2019 Academic Year
- Athletic Team Schedules
- Athletic & Activities Selection Letter and Online Form
- Athletic & Activity Descriptions 2020-2021
- Athletic Requirement Exemption Form
- Athletic Equipment Checklist
- Bagel Days Sign-up
- Class Supply List
- Extracurricular Opportunities for Students
- Faculty Wednesday/Fridays Info and Sign-up
- General Volunteer Sign-Up
- Glossary of Terms
- Language Selection Letter and Online Form
- Metz Dining Guide
- Metz Breakfast Menu
- Metz Appetizer Menu
- Music Selection Letter and Online Form
- Placement Procedure for Middle School Math
March 14, 2018
Looking Ahead to High School & the College Admissions Process
by SS Director of College Counseling Lauren Lieberman
Jan. 18, 2017
Social Media Terms of Service & Monitoring Tools
by MS Computer Teacher Tim McGuigan