Welcome, SSA faculty & staff!
This section is designed to provide a centralized spot for helpful information and links for SSA employees. Please bookmark this page for easy access in the future!
Log into the Veracross Faculty and Employee Portals to access the S-Book Directory, handbooks, Canvas teacher pages, employee forms and more. Much of the information on the old Finalsite Faculty/Staff Portal has been moved to the public web pages in this section for easier access. Trouble logging in? Email the HelpDesk.
Every gift, no matter the size, makes a difference. Support SSA today!
Visit the Faculty & Staff Giving Form to make your one-time or monthly gift. Please contact your campus representatives if you have questions.
Submit your favorite recipe for a commemorative SSA cookbook. Recipes should fall into one of the following categories: Appetizers, Breakfast, Soup/Salads/Sides, Main Entrees, Desserts or Kid-Friendly (e.g. play dough, slime, etc.) Please type and submit your family's favorite recipe via email, and feel free to share a story or anecdote along with it! Email recipes or questions to email@example.com by Friday, Feb. 19, 2021. Download the flyer.
To order an SSA license plate, complete and mail the Special Organization Plate application with a $50 check payable to SSA to: Shady Side Academy, Attn: Annamarie Turner, 423 Fox Chapel Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238.
- Country Day School PDF Calendar - Coming Soon
- Country Day School Daily Dress Code
- Country Day School Formal Dress Code (For Students in Grades 1-5 Only)
- Technology Acceptable Use Policy - Student Edition
- Learning Support at SSA
Jan. 21, 2020: Math In Focus: A Refresher Course by fourth grade teachers Lisa Budd and Marci Anderson.
Watch the video
Dec. 5, 2019: Reading and Writing Workshop by Kindergarten teacher Nick Hammon, fifth grade teacher Katherine "Liz" Hwang and second grade teacher Christina Rowan.
Watch the video
- Athletic Team Schedules
- Athletic & Activities Selection Letter and Online Form
- Athletic & Activity Descriptions 2020-2021
- Athletic Requirement Exemption Form
- Athletic Equipment Checklist
- Bagel Days Sign-up
- Class Supply List
- Extracurricular Opportunities for Students
- Faculty Wednesday/Fridays Info and Sign-up
- General Volunteer Sign-Up
- Glossary of Terms
- Language Selection Letter and Online Form
- Metz Dining Guide
- Metz Breakfast Menu
- Metz Appetizer Menu
- Music Selection Letter and Online Form
- Placement Procedure for Middle School Math
March 14, 2018
Looking Ahead to High School & the College Admissions Process
by SS Director of College Counseling Lauren Lieberman
Jan. 18, 2017
Social Media Terms of Service & Monitoring Tools
by MS Computer Teacher Tim McGuigan
SSA Student allows Senior School students, faculty and parents to track daily schedules and create a digital ID card. Created by students in the Computer Science Club.
Features: Schedule, barcode, news, calendar, lunch menus
Instructions: Download your schedule and enter your ID barcode number to set up the app.