Fall preseason for golf and football begins Monday, August 8. Preseason for all other fall sports begins Monday, August 15. Students registered for fall teams should receive communication from the coach in July or August with the preseason schedule and information. Fall head coaches are listed below - to email a coach, click their name. Team schedules can be accessed in the Athletics > Senior School Teams section of the website.
- Cheerleading: Charla Southers
- Boys' Cross Country: Paul Ejzak '89
- Girls' Cross Country: Sue Whitney
- Field Hockey: Betsy Gorse
- Football*: Chuck DiNardo '00
- Boys' Golf: David Lieberman
- Girls' Golf: Betsy Thompson & Karen Craig Brubaker '86
- Boys' Soccer: Ed Ellsworth
- Girls' Soccer: Mary Lynch
- Girls' Tennis: Derek Chen '15
- Girls' Volleyball*: Sophia Duck
*The football and girls' volleyball programs are cooperative sponsorships with The Neighborhood Academy. The football co-op is hosted by SSA, with TNA students competing on the SSA football team. The volleyball co-op is hosted by TNA, with SSA students competing on the TNA volleyball team.
A baseline concussion test is mandatory for all newly enrolled students in grades 7-12 and all returning students in grades 7, 9 and 11 prior to participation in athletics.
Testing Dates and Process
Sway baseline testing will be offered on the following dates in July and August 2022:
- Monday-Thursday, July 25-28, from 1-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 1-5, from 9 a.m.-noon and 2-5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday, Aug. 8-12, from 9 a.m.-noon and 2-5 p.m.
To complete the testing, please do the following:
- Email Kaelin Agar (email@example.com) or Chris Leonard (Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org) with your child's name and the date and time they will be coming for their baseline test.
- Download the SWAY Medical app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to your child's mobile phone or tablet, and have them bring the device to their test. You do not need to set up an account or sign in to the app in advance. The app can be deleted after testing is complete. Tablets will be available for students who do not have their own device.
For more information, please read the attached document from AHN regarding the Sway program or contact one of our athletic trainers:
- Kaelin Agar: email@example.com
- Brynn Mahoney: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Leonard: email@example.com