We are looking for volunteers to serve as members of your reunion planning committee. Minimal time commitment is required, and your help will make a tremendous impact on the success of the weekend's festivities. Responsibilities include reaching out to classmates to encourage attendance, finding new and updated information for our "lost" alumni, and helping with your class reunion giving effort.
If you are interested in joining your reunion planning committee, please see below and contact Jamie Scott. Thank you in advance for your participation, we are eager to get started!
Points of Engagement for Reunion Committees
- Reconnect with classmates and encourage participation in reunion activities and the reunion giving effort.
- Commit a minimum of 1-3 hours per month participating in Zoom meetings with committee members and staff liaison. Also, participate in peer to peer outreach via phone calls, email or social media.
- Join the digital alumni network.
- Motivate classmates to re-engage with Shady Side through virtual alumni events or attend in-person regional events.
- Help generate ideas to promote engagement with fellow alumni.
- Lead the way by making a gift to Shady Side Academy in honor of your reunion class.
- Articulate to classmates why giving back to Shady Side matters to you and the importance of continuing to support current and future generations of the Academy.
- Assist in locating lost alumni and update contact information.
Staff Liaison responsibilities
- Serve as the main resource and point of contact for reunion classes.
- Provide guidance and support to the reunion committees for outreach calls and emails and reunion giving efforts.
- Update the committee on participation and giving efforts. Also, keep the committee updated on registrants for reunion events.
- Send mailings or emails on behalf of the committee.
- Coordinate Zoom reunion meetings with the committee.