Equity & Inclusion Action Plan
With the support of the Board of Trustees, Shady Side Academy's executive leadership team announced the following long-term Equity and Inclusion Action Plan on July 15, 2020.
Note: Progress updates as of 1/13/21 are bulleted under each action item in blue italics.
- To Advance Our Vision and Leadership, Shady Side Academy Will:
- To Create a More Inclusive School Climate and Culture, Shady Side Academy Will:
- To Ensure Our School Community Promotes Open and Civil Discourse, Shady Side Academy Will:
- To Make Certain Our School Community Better Represents Our Diverse City and World, Shady Side Academy Will:
- To Assess Our Progress and Ensure Accountability, Shady Side Academy Will:
- To Sustain and Provide Financial Support for These Efforts, Shady Side Academy Will:
We recognize the need to continue conversation in support of these initiatives, with our whole community and especially our students, who we are preparing to lead responsibly and compassionately in a complex, diverse world. We look forward to the ways in which our coming together will help us augment and expand upon these action steps.