Welcome, SSA Parents!
This section is designed to provide you with a centralized hub for information concerning your child's academic and student life at SSA. In addition to the information available on the public pages of this section, once you have logged in, you also will have access to the password-protected pages in the Parent Portal.
PA law requires adults to complete paperwork to volunteer at any school functions. There are two types of volunteers:
- Limited contact volunteer (parents helping at events with faculty present)
- Substantial contact volunteer (parents alone with students with NO faculty present)
Please complete the appropriate form prior to volunteering and submit to:
- Junior School: Megan Vrcic, front desk
- Middle School: Kristan Fisher, front desk
- Senior School: Donna Ponzi (scan and email forms)
SSA is proud to sponsor the 2016-2017 Pittsburgh Arts & Lectures Words & Pictures series, featuring lectures by acclaimed children’s and YA authors at the Carnegie Library in Oakland. Use the promo code “1617schools” to receive an $8 discount ticket rate.
The official Shady Side iOS app gives students, parents and faculty/staff on-the-go access to the S-Book directory, teacher pages, calendars, lunch menus and more!