Family Connection® is an online resource provided for Shady Side students and their families to assist in the college search and application process. Each student has a private, password-protected account that gives them access to many useful tools:
- The Junior Questionnaire and Game Plan Survey enables students to explore their own interests, strengths and preferences.
- Do What You Are® is an online career interest inventory matched with various career exploration tools that help students explore and think about their future goals.
- A powerful college search engine with over 3,700 colleges helps students to find a list of schools that fit a wide variety of search criteria.
- An SSA application history database lets students estimate whether a specific school would be a reach, range or safe target school, which is important as students refine their college lists.
- A web-based (and therefore accessible from any Internet-capable computer) organizational tool to track students' interest, application preparation and status in the college process.
If students would like to access their Family Connection account, they initially will need a registration code, which is available from anyone in the College Counseling office. Students then activate their own accounts and create individual, private passwords. Parents can also access Family Connection! Once students activate their accounts and enter some basic information about their parents, registration codes are created for parents and sent to the counselors. Parents need only contact the College Counseling office to get their codes and activate their accounts.
Questions? Please contact the College Counseling office and we will be happy to help you!