corporate giving: eitc
Your business can build a bright future for children in our region.
Shady Side Academy students in grades pre-kindergarten through 12 work closely with experienced, caring teachers who encourage the responsible development of mind and character. The Academy has been the beneficiary of over $4.9 million from our SSA Scholarship Partners and through the Education Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC).
For over 125 years, our dedicated donors and volunteers have provided the opportunity for Shady Side Academy to sustain its commitment to the highest standards of education. Because of this remarkable support, more than 240 grants have been awarded to students who otherwise could not have afforded the educational, artistic and leadership opportunities offered at Shady Side.
EITC by the numbers
- More than $4.9 million has been donated to the financial aid program at Shady Side Academy since the inception of the EITC program.
- More than 240 grants have been awarded to talented students who otherwise could not have afforded a Shady Side Academy education.
- An average of 53 students receive a Shady Side EITC award per school year.
- 97 businesses have participated since 2001.
- There is an average of $16,150 in a single EITC award for the 2012-2013 school year.
The single page EITC application may be sent to:
Shady Side Academy
Attn: Rick Munroe
423 Fox Chapel Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15238