We recognize that traveling to Shady Side Academy is a commitment for many families. With three separate campuses, families often wonder how to coordinate transportation for their children. Shady Side students may use their local school district buses, if available, or contracted bus services offered through SSA. Many students carpool to school and, at the Senior School, juniors and seniors may apply for parking permits through the Dean's Office.
Read more about our Transportation Services.
For the Middle School (grades 6–8) and Senior School (grades 9–12) in Fox Chapel, the following districts offer morning and 4 p.m. bus transportation:
- Allegheny Valley
- Deer Lakes
- Fox Chapel Area
- North Allegheny
- North Hills
- Penn Hills
- Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Riverview (grades 7-12)
- Woodland Hills
For Senior School students in athletics and activities, there is a 6 p.m. bus for students who live in the East End communities of Point Breeze, Squirrel Hill, Shadyside and Oakland. A 6 p.m. bus is also offered by the Fox Chapel Area School District.
- Butler/Treesdale: Middle and Senior Schools, morning, after-school and 6 p.m. athletics/activities bus service
- Murrysville/Monroeville: Middle and Senior Schools, morning, after-school and 6 p.m. athletics/activities bus service
- Murrysville/Monroeville: Junior School, morning, after-school may be available in 2017-18 if there is a need.
- North Hills/Cranberry-Wexford areas: Middle and Senior Schools, morning, after-school and 6 p.m. athletics/activities bus service. Stops in Hampton, North Allegheny, Pine-Richland (including Wexford)
- South Hills: Middle and Senior Schools, morning, after-school and 6 p.m. athletics/activities bus service